Manoj is back to teach you another recipe that you can do at home! This time we are going to teach you how to make Dal Vada, a delicious vegetarian dish of lentil dumplings. Impress your guests with this authentic Indian dish!
Serves 4 people.
Chickpea lentils 100 grams
Red lentils 50 grams
1 chopped onion
A handful of chopped coriander
1 Table Spoon chopped fresh ginger
1 chopped green chilli
1/2 a Tea Spoon of baking powder
- Wash and soak all the lentils in water for 4 hours.
- After 4 hours drain the water.
- Roughly grind in a food processor.
- Add the coriander, ginger, onion, green chilli and baking soda and mix together in the food processor.
- Heat up vegetable oil in a pan about 2cm deep or use a deep fat fryer if you have one.
- Using your hand form the lentil mix into a small dumpling and add to the hot oil.
- Fry until golden brown.
- Place on a paper towel to remove excess oil.
- Serve with yoghurt raita and tamarind sauce.
Cookschool, glasgow indian resturaunt, authentic recipes, glasgow city centre.